otivated by a chat with Maria Glymour, I took a quick look at NIH K-award funding rates. It’s a very exploratory/descriptive look, but all the code is up on my GitHub. I’m hoping to find time to dive into the data more at some point. Just putting it here, with no commentary, in case others who are applying for K’s might find it useful.
Converting Slack’s Team Directory into virtual contact cards
spent the summer as a fellow at University of Chicago’s Data Science for Social Good Fellowship (more on that later) where I got to work on optimizing EMS delivery in Cincinnati (additional press). I’m looking forward to talking about it more once the code and official blog post are made public. Until then, I’m just going to throw up some random code snippets that resulted from the summer.